Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Have you met my friends? { Michael & Susan }

 { The morning I stopped by we had Blueberry + Cream cheese Stuffed French Toast. You might run into a Crab-meat Quiche or a heavenly plate of Gypsy Eggs Benedict. I'm droolin' thinkin'!}


Oh! You haven't met Susan and Michael of the Welch House Inn ?

You mean, I haven't bragged enough about this cool couple? Well let's remedy that right now!

 I'm pretty convinced that people come into your life for a reason...and you may meet them in the most random of places. I met Susan, backstage during a theater production where she offered me a job for my off-tracks during college.

If the reason for me to meet them was to learn more about human decency, real community, the craft of warm hospitality, and how to have more fun working in a 140 year old shipbuilder's home on the coast of Maine, than you ever have before?  Mission accomplished.

 { Can't you picture yourself cuddling by the fire, and flipping through the many interesting art books on the shelves, or sipping a glass of something fine and sparkly while you catch up with my favorite Innkeepers? }

These two are the real deal ; witty, hardworking, creative, driven and so multi-talented. I was very blessed to become a part of their adopted family.

{ Best view in town? No kidding. }

 { The Inn is celebrating it's 90th year in the hospitality industry! Wow, 1922 - 2012}


If you're looking for a place to stay in Boothbay Harbor, Maine, you already know my highest recommendation.

Ooooh and guess what? I think they're having a celebration special! (And no, they didn't pay me to post this--- they're just good people. ) 

{ Summers in Maine! What could be better?}

1 comment:

chill said...

Wow- I want to go to there